Monday, November 14, 2011

Results EC 2011: European Championship (Day 2)

Copied from http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/flags.htmHere are the results from the European Championship (Day 2) tournament that was played during the VtES European Championship 2011 on November 11th, 2011 in Warsaw, Poland. 40 players participated in this EC tournament, the standings after 3 rounds and the final were as follows:
1. Otso Saariluoma (FIN) -- 1 GW 6 VP -- 1.5 VP -- Nana/Nanglia Were Animalism Rush Combat
2. Enrico Di Stefano (ITA) -- 2 GW 5.5 VP -- 0.5 VP -- Tremere Antitribu Rockcats/Embraces
2. Milan Horvath (HUN) -- 1 GW 5.5 VP -- 0.5 VP -- Malkavian antritribu(?) Obf/Pre Vote
2. Marcin Watras (POL) -- 1 GW 5.5 VP -- 0.5 VP -- Anson Cel Gun w/ Ashur Tablets
2. Izaak Havelaar (NED) -- 2 GW 5 VP -- 0 VP -- Malkavian feat. Tryphosa Bleed/Vote.
Congratulations to Otso for winning the European VtES Championship 2011. More information to follow. The seating order of the finalists was: Otso --> Izaak --> Enrico --> Milan --> Marcin. A complete transcript from the Day 1 final round is available on VEKN.net. Thanks to Malex from Sweden for this task.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, all finals saw no Game Win and ended in Time outs. Did all participants played so slow or very cautious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally too much jockeying for the game/tournament. Everybody was very cautious not to stick out their neck first, in this case Enrico had the opportunity/means to oust Milan earlier in the game. But he didn't do so because of fear that the other three would gang up on him. And lots of table talk, too. Otso ousted his prey with less than 3 minutes on the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't oust when you're able to you don't earn it to be European Champion. I think he outsmarted himself. Wow, I can't await the transcription.

    No guts no glory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really. Enrico would have won if I hadn't taken the gamble to try and oust him. The way the finals looked nobody was going to get ousted and that means Enrico wins. Since I wasn't winning, I took a chance, rescued my own famed vampire from torpor and did as much damage on Enrico as I could, hoping for some sort of lucky topdecking. As it turned out, I didn't topdeck what I needed, left Enrico at 2 pool and basically left myself wide open for Otso to tap 3 minions and kill me.

    I was full aware I that by doing what I did, I was putting myself in ousting range of Otso but at that point I didn't really care who would win if it wasn't me :)

    ReplyDelete