Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 1 Impressions

The Day 1 Tournament has ended about 1.5 hours ago, and I wanted to give you a quick impression what decks I faced during my own games. I choose to play a Pander Vote deck with significant Malkavian antitribu support (Korah and Marie Faucigny). My result has lots of space for improvement .. only 2 VP in total. Not even close enough to be qualified for Day 2. But hey, then tomorrow it's the First Chance Qualifer.

Round 1:
  • Maros (POL) -- Ventrue Lawfirm -- 3 VP GW
  • Stefan (AUT) -- Weenie Dementation Bleed -- 1 VP
  • Robert (POL) -- Neo-Ventrue Lawfirm
  • Ralf (GER) -- Weenie Pander/!Malkavian Vote -- 1 VP
  • Jussi (FIN) -- Toreador Vote/Bleed
Round 2:
  • Ralf (GER) -- Weenie Pander/!Malkavian Vote
  • Johannes (GER) -- Tremere/Tremere antitribu Bloat/Bleed -- 2 VP
  • Michael (SWE) -- Kiasyd (Stealth) Bleed -- 3 VP
  • Arkadiusz (POL) -- Mono-Presence Weenie/Midcap Bleed
  • Rudolf (GER) -- Pro/Dom Bleed
Round 3:
  • Martin (HUN) -- Toreador Vote/Bounce
  • Nikica (SER) -- Blood Brothers Bloat/Bleed (Kiev Circle) -- 4 VP GW
  • Peter (CZE) -- Stanislawa Bleed/Vote
  • Ralf (GER) -- Weenie Pander/!Malkavian Vote -- 1 VP
  • Tomasz (POL) -- Mistress Fanchion & Friends Vote/Bleed
I am little bit too tired right now to give a proper report for each round. Maybe I'll do that later.
In general, there was tendency towards three different decktypes (in my opinion):
  • Ventrue Lawfirm decks
  • Ventrue or Ventrue antitribu Grinder decks (Stickmen)
  • Animalism Combat decks
and, of course, you had your fair share of bleed decks, wall decks, big cap Vote decks (Inner Circle and such) and a few trick and ally decks. In contrast to the Last Chance Qualifier on Friday there rather few (rush) combat decks present (excluding the various Animalism combat decks, of course).
What was also quite interesting to notice that there was a number of breed decks present which were absent from the EC tournaments after Scourge of Enochians had been published in Keepers of Tradition. Ally decks were rather sparsely present which I personally attribute to the dominance of Animalism combat at the moment.

Unfortunately I cannot deliver any photos to you this time since I forgot to bring a Micro-USB cable with me to Warsaw.

4 comments:

  1. In round 3 player's name is Nikica, not Nikicia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize. I always have some difficulties with spelling eastern European names correctly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But hey, then tomorrow it's the Last Chance Qualifer." shouldnt that be a First Chance Qualifier?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also correct .. thanks for noticing.

    ReplyDelete