Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Player Profile: Izi

This time I am interviewing Izi, the (former?) Gliwice, Poland, .. this interview is especially entertaining .. beware! And expect something unexpected!

Name: Izi
Year of Birth: 1979
Occupation: Dairy farmer
Hometown: Gliwice

Question: Describe yourself ... What's your current occupation? Where do you live right now? ..
Answer: I work in a dairy farming industry (DeLaval). We make appliances for feeding, milking, even pleasuring cows! I have recently moved to Wroclaw so actually I've got a new playgroup (really nice one), however when I refer to "playgroup" in this interview I mean the one from Gliwice.

Question: When did you start VtES playing and how? For how long do you play it?
Answer: I've started around the time the BL expansion came out. I've been introduced to the game by one of the people you've already interviewed. He already was a pro-player back then. It might sound strange but for me, at that time, he was not simply an outstanding player, more a star that you cannot reach, but you can guide on. It's great he is still active after all those years.

Question: What VtES accomplishments do you have under your belt?
Answer: I've won couple of tournaments, mainly in Gliwice! I'm proud of it, but it's not a huge achievement, our local playgroup is fun to play, players are not that skilled though. It's all about fun for us - not winning - so that's not a problem at all.

Question: What do you appreciate about VtES that keeps you coming back for more?
Answer: People, I have to say I love some of them.

Question: What about VtES should appeal to the average gamer?
Answer: Fangs and blood.

Question: Tell us a bit about your local playgroup!
Answer: Salt of the earth. Open, friendly and understanding. You can really relax during a game, there is no pressure at all.

Question: Tell us about your time spent as Prince of Gliwice!
Answer: Pleasure -- every last player so thankful for the work I've been doing. Everyone (is) happy to help with good word, advice and more.

Question: Do you see any differences between players in Poland and the rest of the world? (In terms of playstyle, deck choices etc.) Why do you think there are those differences?
Answer: Not really.

Question: What is your favorite type of deck and why do you like to play it? (Appreciated if you could provide a decklist as well!)
Answer: I like to play "bent" decks like Nephandus or Tupdogs, I'm not that strong player and need every edge to be able to win every now and then.

Question: Favorite strategy for winning a game. (Pacing, reading an opponent, when to play what, etc)
Answer: "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" / "They came from behind!"

Question: How important do you think the political aspect of the game is?. Reading / intimidating / fooling your opponents? Do you consciously practice this?
Answer: I hate lying, so I don't do that in games as well. Maybe I lose one game or the other but still it disgust me too much to bear. Intimidation is low, and reading doesn't work most of the time.

Question: If they released equal amounts of cards for every clan, discipline, etc. what would you tackle first?
Answer: Pack of snacks and a drink.

Question: How do you organize your cards? Do you have an inventory of cards? Do you use a deckbuilding utility? Which one?
Answer: Boxes on a shelf / In my head / ARDB.

Question: How do you prepare for tournaments?
Answer: I do pushups for 1h before the tournament. My hands are shaking and my opponents tend to believe I'm so stressed about a game, that I am no threat to them. (You can also drink a lot on the day before but I don't drink so it's pushups for me.)

Question: What was your greatest moment in your VtES Life (not necessarily as a player)?
Answer: First time a player asked: "Can I touch you?"

Question:
  • What's your favourite crypt card? Antonio d'Erlette
  • What's your favourite library card? Nephandus (the version that cannot be killed by CC)
  • What's your favourite expansion? Sabbat
  • What's your favorite card art? Blood Agony

Question: What other games do you play?
Answer: Soccer, tennis, Artificial Girl 3, table tennis, pool and recently squash.

Question: Last words?
Answer: I'm not bald...

2 comments: